28 Jan 2023 APC TYRE PANEL DETAILS ANNOUNCED
The panel of tyre options for competitors in the 2023 Australian Production Cars has now been confirmed by category management.
Across the 2023 season, competitors will be able to compete on their choice of tyre from any of the following tyre manufacturers. Category Management are also exploring the addition of a wet weather tyre, with some hurdles being worked through currently.
- Hankook Ventus TDZ221
- Yokohama AO50
- Nangkang CRS
- Michelin Pilot Sport Cup
APC Category Manager, Troy Williams, said the 2023 panel is all about responding to the feedback of competitors and bringing best of breed solutions to competitors.
“We have listened to our competitors across the last 12 months and they have told us they wanted more cost variety in the panel and suitability to different classes of cars,” Williams said.
“We have been working hard to put together a suitable panel of choices for our racers, and are pleased to offer this line-up of fantastic tyre manufacturers.
“We look forward to seeing how our field will utilise them across the 2023 season, which is shaping up to deliver a massive year of national production car racing at the best tracks, with a great mix of formats and plenty of TV and live stream exposure for our racers.”
The above tyre panel relates to APC competitors only. GT4 Australia is running alongside the APC in 2023, and the tyre panel details for that championship will be released separately.
2023 APC CALENDAR:
- Round one – Phillip Island – 12-14 May – Sprint (4 x 30 minutes)
- Round two – Sydney Motorsport Park – 16-18 June – Enduro
- Round three – Queensland Raceway – 11-13 August – Enduro
- Round four – Sandown International Raceway – 8-10 September – Sprint (4 x 30 minutes)
- Round five – The Bend Motorsport Park – 13-15 October – Enduro (4 x 1 hour)
- Round six – Bathurst International – 10-12 November – Sprint (4 x 30 minutes)